Word Mem is a word and memory game where you must create as many words as possible within the time limit. Each round this time limit is reduced.
Unlike similar games you do not get to see the letters all the time, only when you select one, or for a short time before the round starts. You can use any letter in any order, they do not need to be adjacent to one another.
- The first round lasts a user configurable number of seconds, from 30 to 60.
- If no words have been found by the end of the round then the game ends.
- If at least one word was found the next round lasts 5 seconds shorter than the previous round.
- At the start of a round a random selection of letters will be chosen and displayed on screen. These letters will be hidden after a user configurable number of seconds, from 5 to 30.
- Spell out words by tapping tiles, you can remove a letter from the current word by tapping the same tile again.
- Tap the "Add Word" button once you have spelt out a complete word.
- Tap the "Clear Word" button to deselect all the tiles.
- The dictionary used is SOWPODS
- Words must be at least 3 letters in length
- Points are allocated as follows:
- A, E, I, L, N, O, R, S, T, and U are worth 1 point
- D, and G are worth 2 points
- B, C, M, and P are worth 3 points
- F, H, V, W, and Y are worth 4 points
- K is worth 5 points
- J, and X are worth 8 points
- Q, and Z are worth 10 points
- Points will then be added for word length, 1 for each letter
- 7 letter words will be multiplied by 1.25
- 8 letter words will be multiplied by 1.5
- 9+ letter words will be multiplied by 3
Any enquiries or requests for support can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org